Chicago, Illinois Mover | Chicago, Illinois Mover | Bill's Moving Services
Call Bill's Moving Services now at 630-352-4234 to learn more about Mover services, moving labor, and furniture
ON MOVING DAY
1) Make sure all important papers are in a box/or carry bag that you can transport in car to new address so easy to get to.
2) Suggest to avoid any unforeseen issues to do the same with valuables.
4) When movers arrive walk through your move with the crew leader to make sure you are on same page with moving needs.
5) When truck is loaded walk through again to make sure all was moved that needed to be moved.
6) As always any preparation you can do prior to move helps to make the move go smoother-your mover should be happy to give advice.
PACKING FOR YOUR MOVE
Packing for your upcoming move takes a bit of planning and is a bit time consuming. A good moving company that offers packing supplies and packing services is a great option but will be more costly than doing it yourself. If you choose to pack your own items ask your mover for advice on how many boxes/box sizes/packing paper/tape you may need. When you are 100% sure you know you are moving buying supplies in advance is great idea (a couple weeks before the move). If possible start packing items you don't use much or can do without for the time being. An hour or two a day of packing will certainly help from being overwhelmed just prior to moving day. You can do this while watching tv to make it not seem like a task. When packing make sure you have a black felt tip marker to mark what is in your boxes and area of home box will need to be placed.
TIPS FOR BUYING PACKING MATERIALS:
Home Depot has new boxes at good prices but packing materials such as packing paper and tape are rather expensive. Storage facilities sell packing boxes/materials at market rate. Try looking up on the web a local moving supply company where you can buy boxes/materials at wholesale rates-when calling tell representative your mover referred you.
TIPS FOR PACKING:
When packing dishes/breakable cook ware/additional breakables make sure heavier items are packed at the bottom of the box-such as plates/larger bowls--make sure items have at least 2 or 3 layers of packing paper on them for protection--for dishes/glassware make sure to use a sturdy strong box-DO NOT LAY DISHES FLAT IN THE BOX-STAND ON END-tape bottom of box well--crumple up a few sheets of packing paper to provide cushion at the bottom of the box--for very delicate breakables use bubble wrap and/or large pieces of tissue paper(from supply store)
- For packing pots and pans follow similar instructions for breakables--items do need to be wrapped to avoid scratches and to protect coatings.
- For packing silverware/cutlery/misc. drawer items use a small box and packing paper or use kitchen towels @ pot holders to make layered cushions as protection.
- For food items such as dry foods if open container-tape container closed and stand upright-for open containers of liquid food items make sure lids closed tight/wrap the container with packing paper and stand upright in box--mark box liquids/do not tip.
- For refrigerated items try to get a cooler or two and place in coolers just prior to moving to new home if a local move--if long distance moves you will need to give any usable refrigerated items to friends/family/neighbors.
- For clothing/towels/linens use medium to large boxes just laying the clothes in the boxes--most movers are fine with leaving clothes in dresser drawers if dressers are sturdy. For hanging clothes most movers will rent wardrobe cartons for local moves--for long distance moves compare costs for wardrobe carton purchase.
As "MOVERS IN CHICAGO" we at Bills Moving Services truly understand that moving is a service and customer service is our priority. We are very knowledgeable with local Chicago moving and long distance moving needs. As a service oriented "MOVING COMPANY IN CHICAGO" we are ready to go the extra mile to answer all questions that any client may have about "MOVING IN CHICAGO" I as owner have personally worked hands on as a mover/van captain for 22 years with various Moving Companies in the Chicago are in all aspects of household goods/local moving--office/commercial moving--international moving and long distance moving. We at Bills Moving Services look forward to providing a truly stress free moving experience for all our clients. We strive to be a leading "MOVING COMPANY IN CHICAGO" and the best "MOVERS IN CHICAGO"'
HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT MOVER
Finding the right "MOVER IN CHICAGO" or "LONG DISTANCE MOVER" is the first step towards a successful and stress free move. In basic Google/Web searches when looking at a movers listing and or web site check to see there is relevant information about the mover such as address/phone #/web site/positive reviews/description of services offered/description of experience. When calling a "MOVER IN CHICAGO" ask questions that are important to you about your move such as availability/pricing/if you need storage/does mover provide truck and equipment/insurance questions/does mover assist in packing items/does mover wrap items with furniture pads and/or shrink wrap/does mover provide wardrobe cartons/does mover dis assemble and re assemble furniture such as beds/what is minimum hours charged as well as travel time/does mover require a deposit. Any client should feel comfortable with the conversation so was the moving representative cordial and knowledgeable.
Some key words for finding great "MOVERS IN CHICAGO" are MOVING COMPANIES IN CHICAGO/MOVING COMPANIES IN CHICAGO, IL/MOVERS IN CHICAGO/MOVERS IN CHICAGO, IL/LOCAL MOVERS IN CHICAGO/LOCAL MOVERS IN CHICAGO, IL/MOVING LABOR IN CHICAGO/MOVING LABOR IN CHICAGO, IL/LONG DISTANCE MOVERS IN CHICAGO/LONG DISTANCE MOVERS IN CHICAGO, IL/MOVING IN CHICAGO/MOVING IN CHICAGO, IL
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
6:00am - 9:00pm, Every Day
- Member America's Best Companies - ABC.com
- Elite Member Of Mover Circle Brokerage In California
- Member Of uShip Network - uSHip.com